There's been another "suicide" bombing--how they work.WE CAN STOP THEM!!!
iceman
2005-06-24 18:01:25 UTC
A genuine suicide to make a statement, is extremely rare in history. The
last I can remember was a self-emolating Viet Namese monk during the
vietnam war--the Kamikazi were different).

These "suicide attacks" are so easy to set up and so basic. Basic in that
is the same process of creating PR beneifits by attacking your own people,
or allies, then assigning blame to one's enemy. Easy to set up, as it's
just nothing more than a remote-controlled bomb that's been pre-placed.
Later: " "LOOK--IT WAS ANOTHER SUICIDE BOMBER--THESE (meaning Iraqi) PEOPLE
ARE EVIL!!!!"(Just as remote-controlled detonations are used on our troops
as they travel roads that haven't been properly swept.)

Who benefits from these "suicide attacks"? They can be used to inflame
Iraqi's , playing one tribe against another, killing U.S. troops to attempt
to stir the U.S. emotions to derail the mood the people are in calling for
getting out of Iraq by . It's the Mossad, of course--author of a thousand
terrorist acts.

The thing is we can stop them, just like we stopped those damn color
alerts...just by showing we exposed their hand. Our guys are getting offed
by the Mossad, and we need to tell them to cut it out. NOW!!!
--
9/11 was a US and Israel planned, led, attack against America to gain access
to the oil fields. Israel's Mossad planted the explosives in the wtc over a
story of the 19-hijackers is ridiculous.
OptionARMpopeye
2005-06-24 18:13:59 UTC
Yes that is absurd, everyone knows the planes were remotely controlled
by pre invading hordes of Garthakcs for the Jenublieenian Nebula!
Docky Wocky
2005-06-24 18:43:49 UTC
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings.
b***@yahoo.com
2005-06-24 18:46:38 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings.
Oh. and what would that be?

Should we nuke' em back to the stone age????

Idiot.
Docky Wocky
2005-06-24 19:06:16 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings.
(Notice - not one method suggested, as this posting was purely to generate
wacko liberal response)
______________________________
Then, babaloo immediately jumped up with:

"Oh. and what would that be?

Should we nuke' em back to the stone age????

Idiot..."
______________________________
So, class, this immediately demonstrates the wild savagery of the average
witless liberal.

Seething under the surface of every liberal asshole is the old "nuke 'em
back to the Stone Age" first demonstrated by Democrat Harry S. Truman.
b***@yahoo.com
2005-06-24 19:13:44 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
Post by Docky Wocky
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings.
(Notice - not one method suggested, as this posting was purely to generate
wacko liberal response)
______________________________
"Oh. and what would that be?
Should we nuke' em back to the stone age????
Idiot..."
______________________________
So, class, this immediately demonstrates the wild savagery of the average
witless liberal.
Seething under the surface of every liberal asshole is the old "nuke 'em
back to the Stone Age" first demonstrated by Democrat Harry S. Truman.
Except, Pookie, the war is real and American Moms and Dads are losing
their sons and daughters.

So we should treat it as a game?

You know, just trolling, it's not like we need real solutions.

Which, of course, would explain why your ass is here and not at a
policy think tank, etc.....

Your just not capable of _generating_ any ideas, do you?

Maybe you could explain that to the over 1700 American parents who have
lost a child to this idiot and his band of negligent fools.

Anf what will be the final cost to Americans in terms of finance,
reputation,
the economy, the Armed Forces, etc...

But it's just a game, right?

Glad I'm not you.
r***@satx.rr.com
2005-06-24 19:31:13 UTC
Fellow Military retirees,

If you would like to be pro-active and be part of the solution please
use the below format for submitting suggestions in a written statement
or testimony for consideration by the Veterans’ Disability Benefits
Commission. If we spend less time baiting, sniping and bickering on
here we can be a collective voice of support for our warriors. That is
what this newsgroup is all about. We must lead by example in all we
do. Once a soldier always a soldier. Those who think differently don't
know what duty, service, and honor are all about.

Train a child in the way he should go; even when he is old, he will
not swerve from it.
- Proverbs XXII, verse 6

Rodger Frego
MSG, US Army Retired
SGT Morales Inductee, Bronze Star Medal recipient, Gulf War Veteran,
Responsible for saving tax payers millions of dollars as a result of a
1999 -2001 DOD IG investigation regarding gross fraud, waste and abuse
in Kosovo/Bosnia Operations. Responsible for the closure of an a 20 +
year illegal business operation at Command Group Headquarters that
potentially saved tax payers millions of additional dollars and
stopped dignitaries and General Officers from getting scammed by this
illegal business. I thank John Warner, John McCain, Chuck Grassley and
Congressman McHugh for standing side by side with me throughout the
intensive DOD IG investigation that ruled in my favor in both
investigations.
2005-06-24 19:33:12 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
Post by Docky Wocky
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings.
(Notice - not one method suggested, as this posting was purely to generate
wacko liberal response)
______________________________
"Oh. and what would that be?
Should we nuke' em back to the stone age????
Idiot..."
______________________________
So, class, this immediately demonstrates the wild savagery of the average
witless liberal.
Seething under the surface of every liberal asshole is the old "nuke 'em
back to the Stone Age" first demonstrated by Democrat Harry S. Truman.
You know, I really only want to talk to well-informed people--I don't care
if their liberal or Zionizt/neocon, or the lost tribe of the Conservative
Republican. Just so they have some substance. The days of GOP/DEm is simply
gone--our parties left us it seems. What is left is Zionist/Evangelicals
who dance to the "Money Masters" (d/l it and watch that 3-1/2 hours but
vital to be well-informed on these elite circles create the money cycles,
and make money both ways. Depression/recession/balloon--you name
it--theyr;e the conductors.. ) The Money elite, or the non-money elite. I
just don't see the old labels--I know many former rabid consevatives who are
very outraged by this bunch, and are active researchers in the 9/11
movement. The words "liberal" and "conservative" sound hollow now--more
like a propaganda myth to fool us into thinking they still exist, when
actually it's serf and lords.
r***@satx.rr.com
2005-06-24 19:37:03 UTC
Fellow Military retirees,

Please get the word out on this very important event. This is for
the Florida Veteran Community. Rep. Anne M. Gannon is hosting a
meeting in which she would like all interested Veterans to attend to
have a discussion as to the needs of Veterans and how she can better
serve the

Please attend if you can, and indicate to her how she can better serve
military retirees. As si writted, always remember if you are not
willing to give input, then you cannot complain about the results,
because these Representatives cannot read minds. A little less
bickering and personal vendettas will give us all a little more energy
to be part of the soultion:

District Office:
302 SE 2nd Street
Delray Beach, FL 33483-4506
Phone: (561) 266-6612

Contact Dorothy Andrews for further information at:
561-266-6612

Thanks for your continued support,

Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:46:33 -0500
----------------------------
Suggestions for submitting a written statement or testimony for
consideration by the
Veterans’ Disability Benefits Commission
Written Statement of _____________
[Your Name]
Presented to the
* * * * * * * * * * * *
(VBA) Regional Office.
r***@satx.rr.com
2005-06-24 20:19:57 UTC
Fellow Military Retirees,

VA put out this fact sheet last month titled, " VA and Spinal Cord
Injury". Please pass this around and make sure all your Veteran
friends receive this important information. Some are in a crusade on
this board attacking disabled folks with spinal related disabilities,
and that is a colossal waste of time and energy. For Rich to claim
that disabled people who have similar problems as documented by
qualified medical personnel only have it in their heads ,,, He used
the word " nuts", is gross disservice to disabled Veterans across this
country. I ask Rich once again to quit putting down disabled Veterans
and join the rest of us Military retirees who are helping push
legislation for Veterans.

**************************************

May 2005

VA and Spinal Cord Injury

Recent estimates in the United States indicate that approximately
248,000 people have some type of spinal cord injury or disorder that
significantly affects their life activities, and 11,000 more sustain
these injuries every year. Nearly 44,000 are veterans eligible for
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) medical care. Many veterans with
spinal cord injuries are eligible not only for health care but also
for monetary or other benefits because they have a service-connected
disability, meaning a condition that occurred or worsened during
military service. Veterans with spinal cord injury unrelated to their
military service may still receive VA medical care because of their
catastrophic disability. Among health care workers and veterans’
advocates, spinal cord injuries are commonly referred to by the
acronym, SCI.

What Is It?

The spinal cord is the main pathway for transmitting information
between the brain and the nerves that lead to muscles, skin, internal
organs and glands. Injury to the spinal cord disrupts movement,
sensation and function. Paraplegia results from injury to the lower
part of the spinal cord, causing paralysis of the lower part of the
body, including the bowel and bladder. Quadriplegia (sometimes called
tetraplegia) results from injury to the spinal cord, in the neck area,
causing paralysis to the lower body, upper body and arms. SCI
requires ongoing management of impairments and prevention of related
problems.

Compensation

About a third of veterans with SCI are compensated $2,299 per month
for being 100 percent disabled. A veteran rated by VA as 100 percent
disabled may receive additional compensation if the injury resulted in
loss of use of hands or feet or in other disabilities. The rating may
include other service-connected disabilities not related to their
spinal injury. Many veterans with service-connected disabilities are
also entitled to vocational counseling, grants for adapted housing and
automobiles, a clothing allowance and payment for home and attendant
care.

Health Care for Veterans with SCI

VA has the largest single network of SCI care in the nation. It
provided a full range of care to 22,800 veterans with spinal cord
injury and disorders in 2004 and specialty care to 12,257 of these
veterans. A study conducted by a major consulting firm in 2000
comparing VA's SCI services to those funded by several private and
public health insurers showed that VA's coverage was more
comprehensive. It integrates vocational, psychological and social
services within a continuum of care and addresses changing needs
throughout the veteran's life. VA provides supplies, preventive
health care and education for veterans with SCI. VA also maintains
their medical equipment.

The average age of a person at time of injury is increasing, perhaps
because the general population of the United States has increased.
VA’s system of care provides a coordinated lifelong continuum of
services for eligible veterans with SCI of all ages. VA’s system of
care provides, or formally links with, sources of care that address
the lifelong needs of eligible veterans with SCI, including, but not
limited to: emergency care, medical and surgical stabilization,
rehabilitation, primary care, preventive care, specialty sustaining
care, surgical care, outpatient care, home care and long-term care.
VA SCI specialty care focuses on the prevention or early detection of
complications of SCI, with multidisciplinary teams providing annual
comprehensive evaluations.

VA services are delivered through a "hub and spoke" system of care,
extending from 23 regional SCI centers offering primary and specialty
care by multidisciplinary teams to the 135 SCI primary care teams or
support clinics at non-SCI local VA medical centers. Each primary
care team has a physician, nurse and social worker, and those with
support clinics may have additional team members. Newly injured
veterans and active-duty members are referred to a VA SCI center for
rehabilitation after being stabilized at a trauma center. Each year,
approximately 400 newly injured veterans and active duty members
receive rehabilitation at VA's SCI centers

The 23 VA SCI centers are at the following locations:

Long Beach, Palo Alto and San Diego, Calif.; Miami and Tampa, Fla.;
Augusta, Ga.; Hines, Ill.; West Roxbury, Mass.; St. Louis; East
Orange, N.J.; Albuquerque, N.M.; Bronx and Castle Point, N.Y.;
Cleveland; San Juan, P.R.; Memphis, Tenn.; Dallas, Houston and San
Antonio, Texas; Seattle; Milwaukee; and Hampton and Richmond, Va.

The SCI center nearest to a veteran can provide the name of the SCI
coordinator in the SCI primary care team at the nearest VA facility.

Research

VA leads the health care profession in defining new methods of
rehabilitation through research and engineering. In fiscal year 2004,
VA spent nearly $19 million on more than 100 research projects dealing
with SCI. VA investigators received $8.2 million from non-VA sources
for an additional 128 studies. VA research on SCI focuses on areas
such as functional electrical stimulation, wheelchair and other
adaptive technology, cell transplantation, treatment of medical side
effects of SCI and rehabilitation methods and outcomes.

National Recreational Events

Staying active is as important to the physical and emotional
well-being of people with SCI as it is to other people. VA sponsors
two annual athletic events that offer camaraderie with other SCI
veterans and the opportunity to enjoy and participate in competitive
sports. These are the National Veterans Wheelchair Games, which is
cosponsored with the Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA), and the
National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic, cosponsored with the
Disabled American Veterans. Many participants in these events are
veterans with SCI.

Bringing Research to Treatment

In the late 1990s, VA began a special effort to identify gaps in
knowledge about SCI treatment and to share findings with its
clinicians nationwide. The goal is to improve the quality,
effectiveness and efficiency of care by translating research findings
into improved care.

VA is one of 20 professional organizations in the Consortium for
Spinal Cord Medicine, which was founded by VA to develop guidelines
that improve care for all Americans with SCI. The Consortium
represents physicians and other health care providers, consumers and
insurers and has disseminated clinical practice guidelines. Among
them are guidelines for preventing skin breakdown and blood clots in
the legs. One of the results expected from using the guidelines is
more consistent treatment and greater awareness by veterans of how to
care for themselves.

VA clinicians nationwide have access to a computer database for
sharing treatment and outcome information that enhances the
coordination of health care. This registry also helps make referrals
to treatment locations.

Continuing Education

In addition to identifying research on the best approaches to
treatment, VA continually strives to improve its expertise. The
Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, the standard setting and
accrediting authority for organizations providing rehabilitation
services, has accredited all 20 VA SCI centers that provide acute
rehabilitation.

Thirteen of these centers are training sites certified by the
Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education, which accredits
post-graduate medical training programs in the United States. All VA
physicians can take an independent study course on medical care for
people with SCI. Two SCI training programs are held annually for VA
health care professionals.

For veterans, VA prepared a guide published by PVA that explains how
to handle problems and where to turn for help. It is called "Yes, You
Can!" and is available at VA's SCI Centers and from PVA.

investigations.
r***@satx.rr.com
2005-06-24 20:37:56 UTC
Below you will find some good information that may be of interest
those who service and still service. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
As military retirees it is important to remember why this newsgroup
exist. It has evolved over the years and now is a place for military
retirees to exchange ideas and support Veteran's benefits. Although it
was initially used to snipe, bait, and disrupt that is no longer the
purpose. We still have one or two that have not adapted to these
evolution. Ignore them, as they have little if anything to offer here
in the way of substance. All those few can do is troll, snipe,
belittle, and put down disabled Veterans who sacrificed so much. Most
of us here are part of the solution, and will remain part of it. There
are other newsgroups available for those who want to engage in
childish conduct such as sniping and attacking the disabled. This
newsgroup is not for people like that and never will be. The majority
of military retirees on this newsgroup remember the values they
learned in service and still live by them. They know that once a
soldier, always a soldier. You will know them by their fruits. When
ever the Flag is raises or the national anthem is played you see goose
bumps running up their neck ... Unlike those who think Old Glory is
just a piece of cloth.

Thanks for your continued support,

Rodger Frego
MSG, US Army Retired
SGT Morales Inductee, Bronze Star Medal recipient, Gulf War Veteran,
Responsible for saving tax payers millions of dollars as a result of a
1999 -2001 DOD IG investigation regarding gross fraud, waste and abuse
in Kosovo/Bosnia Operations. Responsible for the closure of an a 20 +
year illegal business operation at Command Group Headquarters that
potentially saved tax payers millions of additional dollars and
stopped dignitaries and General Officers from getting scammed by this
illegal business. I thank John Warner, John McCain, Chuck Grassley and
Congressman McHugh for standing side by side with me throughout the
intensive DOD IG investigation that ruled in my favor in both
investigations.

Rodger

http://www1.va.gov/OPA/fact/05comprates.html

April 2005

Disability Compensation - 2005 Rates

10 percent . . . $108 60 percent . . . $839
20 percent . . . 210 70 percent . . . 1,056
30 percent . . . 324 80 percent . . . 1,227
40 percent . . . 466 90 percent . . . 1,380
50 percent . . . 663 100 percent . . . 2,299
Effective 12/1/04
Additional Payments for Dependents

Veterans whose service-connected disabilities are rated at 30 percent
or more are entitled to additional allowances for dependents.
Depending upon the disability rating of the veteran, monthly
allowances for a spouse range from $39 to $94 and for a dependent
child, $26 to $88. Additional amounts are provided for each
additional child and there is a higher scale for children in school
after age 18.

Other Major Factors Affecting Payment Levels

Adjustments to rates are based on a number of factors in addition to
dependents. Among factors that can have a significant effect on
amounts are:

o Veterans with severe service-connected disabilities may receive
compensation at a basic rate as high as $6,576 per month. Various
special monthly compensation rates apply when a veteran experiences
loss or loss of use of one or more limbs; loses one or more of the
senses of sight, hearing or speech; or experiences loss of a
reproductive organ or its use, or loss of breast tissue by a female
veteran.

o Allowances may be made for veterans requiring aides, such as
bedridden individuals who need assistance with eating, bathing or
certain other activities of daily living. This adjustment is referred
to as "aid and attendance."

- More -

Disability Compensation 2/2/2/2

o Veterans whose service-connected disability leaves them unable to
maintain gainful employment may meet criteria for allowances at the
100 percent compensation rate under a benefit called "individual
unemployability." A veteran with a single service-connected
disability may be eligible if the veteran's disability is rated at 60
percent or more. A veteran with multiple disabilities may be eligible
if the veteran has a combined rating of 70 percent or more and at
least one of the disabilities is individually rated 40 percent or
higher.

Facts About VA Disability Compensation
o Disability compensation for veterans is not subject to federal or
state income tax. About 80 percent of veterans receive their VA
benefits by direct deposit, which VA recommends for security reasons.

o Veterans are rated at increments of 10 percent reflecting degree of
disability. As federal regulations summarize the underlying
principle, "The percentage ratings represent as far as can practicably
be determined the average impairment in earning capacity resulting
from such diseases and injuries and their residual conditions."

o The largest category of veterans on the compensation scale is at 10
percent disability ($108 per month), with 783,000 veterans at this
rate at the beginning of fiscal year 2005 among the total 2.6 million
veterans receiving disability compensation.

o The criteria for rating the severity of various disabilities are
available online at
http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_04/38cfr4_04.html. As
medical knowledge, laws and procedures change, VA regularly publishes
proposed changes to these criteria in the Federal Register for public
comment before a final regulation is adopted.

o Where a veteran has more than one disability, the percentages are
not simply added together to produce a new rating. Instead, a formula
described in federal regulations calculates the overall rating.

o A veteran may be rated at zero percent, meaning there is evidence of
the service-connected condition, but it does not impair the veteran.
An example is a minor scar. This zero percent rating, though not
compensable, can be beneficial, since it may raise the veteran's
priority in other VA programs such as health care eligibility. In
addition, it may be reviewed for a higher rating if the condition
worsens.

o A veteran may have a number of disabilities individually evaluated
as 0 percent which produce 10 percent combined disability and entitle
the veteran to disability compensation. At the beginning of fiscal
year 2005, there were more than 15,000 veterans in the category of
"compensable zero" ratings.

o In addition to the 2.6 million veterans on the compensation rolls,
approximately 2.4 million veterans have overall noncompensable ratings
of 0 percent and do not receive payments from VA.

- More -

Disability Compensation 3/3/3/3

o There were 771,000 new and reopened claims requiring a disability
rating received from veterans in fiscal year 2004, an average of more
than 64,000 claims filed per month.

o Among veterans on the rolls, the largest category of
service-connected disabilities is musculoskeletal problems, accounting
for about 40 percent of all disabilities. This includes such problems
as impairment of the knee and arthritis due to trauma. Data on the
number and type of disabilities are published annually
(http://www.vba.va.gov/reports.htm).

Annual Cost-of-Living Adjustment
A proposed cost-of-living increase is included in the President's
budget proposal released early each calendar year. It is part of the
spending forecast and appropriations request for the ensuing fiscal
year, a starting point for legislative discussion. However, the
actual percentage increase is set through a separate bill debated by
Congress and usually signed into law the following fall.

Legislators are not bound by any specific annual Consumer Price Index
formula, but historically have chosen to mirror the percentage given
to Social Security recipients. The Social Security increase, in turn,
is based on a Bureau of Labor Statistics calculation of the rise in
the consumer price index for urban wage earners and clerical workers
(CPI-W).

Cost of living adjustments become effective December 1 each year and
are reflected in the payment received by veterans on or about the
first day of the new year. Whenever a payment falls on a holiday or
weekend, as is the case with the January 1 payment each year, that
month's payment is issued the last prior business day.

# # #

BUSH LlAR the 0lL NAZI is a WAR CRlMINAL
2005-06-24 18:48:44 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
There is one guaranteed way to stop suicide bombings
I sure hope you let the Oil Nazis in on your little plan, Dick, so they
can stop getting their asses blown up
on a daily basis.

PS: When are you signing up?